Tiffany over at Knot Chocolate tagged me with a very deep question. If I ruled the world....fill in the blank with three statements. You can check out her post on this here. This is a really hard question. How could I possibly narrow it down to just three things? Then I realized I was thinking way too much. Duh, this is never going to happen and so I came up with this.
If I ruled the world.............
1. There would be no mean evil people doing mean evil things to others and hating others for things like race, sexual orientation or religion. So much energy is spent on hating people for no reason at all and I'm so tired of seeing senseless crimes and murders on the news. It is so sad that humans are capable of such cruelty and I want it stopped. This is the modified version of total world peace. I'm trying to be somewhat realistic.
2. The standard work week would be four consecutive days instead of five. Every weekend would be a 3 day weekend. Even if it meant tacking on just one extra hour per day to the four work days out of the week to compensate a bit this would be huge for overall quality of life. Two weekend days are simply not enough to have time for yourself and relax. I'm sure everyone can agree with me on this one.
3. There would be no more terminal illness or disease (or murder based on rule #1). The only way to die is by accident, injury or old age. Period. If I could get rid of all death I would but again...being realistic here and when I think about I'm really not so sure I want to live forever anyways.
I was also tagged by another blogger Abs to state Eleven things about myself, answer Eleven questions that she came up with and come with eleven questions to ask another blogger. Whew....that's a lot of Q & A. So since I have a tendency to make up my own rules on these things I decided to post the 11 things she stated about herself and answer the questions she passed onto me. No one is getting tagged and I'm not making up new questions. It's been going around quite a bit so I'm sure everyone has already done it right? Right?
Eleven questions and answers about me:
1. What was your favorite cartoon growing up? The only cartoons I can remember watching are The Smurf's, Scooby Dooby Doo and Inspector Gadget.
2. Do you think kids had it easier back in the day (when you were a kid) or now and why? Yes. The internet and even texting is a game changer in terms of bullying and overall mischief that kids can get themselves mixed up in. Kids seem to have gotten taller and meaner! Things weren't perfect when I was a kid but everything just seemed simpler and less complicated. I'm sure every generations says that.
3. In one sentence, what do you think makes a good mommy? A good mommy is someone who is supportive, kind and knows when to put her foot down. Just like my mom who has been the best mommy I could ever ask for.
4. Is the glass half full or half empty? If I were asked this question 5 years ago I would have said half empty but now I say half full. There are too many good things in life to only see half empty.
5. What makes you smile when you are feeling upset? Thinking about my wonderful husband, what a good thing we have going on and how much happier I am since he's been in my life.
6. What is your absolute favorite food in the world? Pizza. I wish it were something more sophisticated but it's not.
7. What was your favorite 2011 Christmas gift? My brown leather jacket from H & M. I picked it out myself but it was a gift from my husband. And my tan Uggs; also a gift from Mj. I adore them both so I can't just pick one.
8. If you were given a shopping cart and 1 minute in your local supermarket, what would you put in your cart? Tons of meat and cheese. That seems to be the most expensive thing we buy at the grocery store. I wouldn't overdo it on the fruit though. It is also expensive but spoils...and I don't know how well it freezes.
9. What is your absolute favorite dream car? I wrote a whole post about my dream cars of years past. I'd have to say my favorite dream car is the one I have now. It's a Honda Civic that I'm hoping to keep forever. I only care about what matters most and that is quality, reliability and gas mileage.
10. Are you a dreamer or a “go-getter”? I'd like to say I'm a go getter. Who wouldn't? But I'm thinking I am more of a dreamer.
11. What is your dream holiday destination and why? Europe!!! Particularly Greece. Because I've never been and I hear it's beautiful. I want to see all of those age old buildings and monuments that I've only seen on TV in person. It's the kind of place you might get to go to only once in a lifetime and I hope I get to go.
Eleven things about Abs
If you want to learn even more about her check out her blog at Nabstural.
1. I absolutely love Jesus Christ – he is my “bestest” friend
2. I am a first born and honoured by my siblings respect of my role
3. I have 2 brothers
4. I have a weakness for chips (French fries) and crisps (chips)
5. I have never had a cavity
6. If I could re-decorate every week I would be one super happy girl – I love love love it
7. I am gifted in event planning
8. I am an internet surf-aholic
9. Bargain is my second name and I can smell it from a mile away especially on the internet
10. I am a lover of Mary Kay products and have been using them for 13+ years
11. My favourite shop in the whole wide world so far is “Bed bath and beyond”