- Is anyone else having a hard time with the time change? I know it has to be mental because there is no way that an hour lost on Sunday is still actually affecting me on Thursday. If it ever did that is. It's just so dark. I can barely drag myself out of bed and barely give myself 20 minutes to get out of the house. I couldn't even be bothered to wear green today.
- There is a huge proliferation of shows focusing on the drama that is weight loss and eating disorders lately. In addition to the shows on Discovery Health and TLC about the struggles of the morbidly obese other recent shows are I Used to be Fat, One Big Happy Family, Freaky Eaters, What's Eating You?, Dance Your Ass Off, Heavy, Too Fat for 15, Ruby, Shedding for the Wedding, The Biggest Loser, Thintervention, and Heavily Ever After just to name a few. There is a new one coming up later this month called Addicted to Food. I watch most of them.
- I love Teen Mom 2. I really love it that I turned Mj into a fan and it's become one of our shows that we watch together. I'm not sure what it is about that show but I am totally engrossed and look forward to the drama of each episode every week. Jenelle's mom is so harsh and annoying but Jenelle does makes the worst decisions so she brings a lot of that wrath upon herself. Everyone should have yelled "I told you so" and rubbed it in hard after Chelsea took her jerk of a boyfriend back and the relationship went down in flames again. Duh. What the hell was she expecting? I love Leah and I hope she realizes what a great guy she has. Chelsea would do anything to have her baby's father actually get a job to support the family AND want to marry her. I'm glad Kailin got out of Joe's house. What a totally awkward and uncomfortable living situation that was. With the exception of Jenelle, they all wear way too much eye make up.
- Yesterday I dropped $680 bucks to replace the carpet in my condo/rental property. Yikes! It's a really good thing I'm a natural born saver or else this could have been devastating. Well, it's still devastating but at least I have the money. I put it on my Capital 1 card for the points and I'll pay the sucker off when the bills comes.
- I have always been
somewhatobsessed but being able to track calories on my phone so easily has taken it up a notch. It sure beats writing it all down and trying to add everything up. I love picking out a cute little food symbol for my custom foods and watching my net calories rise and fall with the addition of new foods and exercise. I like seeing how much over or under my calorie budget I am at the end of the day and planning out what I want to eat. I have not missed a single day since I started in December. It's like a game and needless to say, I am having way too much fun with it.
- I am hanging onto my motivation to keep going to the gym. Just barely! But I'm hanging in there and have continued to go at least twice a week. I so badly wanted to drive right on by today and head for home instead but I'm afraid if I miss even one week it will send me back to the couch every day after work for good.
- I drive down the street that has all the frat and sorority houses on it. I can't help but notice how young and carefree they look as they walk energetically and laughingly down the street in groups wearing their party frocks on their way to some Greek event. Meanwhile, I'm driving home from a long day at work and can't wait to get into my jammies so I can get some rest and then do it all over again the next day. Oh to be young. I have a much better sense of myself now then I did at that age so I don't know that I'd necessarily want to go back but I certainly miss the ease and bliss of youth and all of the possibilities that it brings.