|Fun in the sun at Waikiki Beach|
- Quality time with Mj. The cell phone was mostly in case we needed to know the time and concerns of the real world were left behind. Mj destroyed his iPhone in the pool helping matters! We had laptops but didn't use them much. As always we had lots of fun together. It was just us all day every day with little distraction and it was nice to just BE with each other and not have to worry about anything else.
|In the water at Hanauma Bay|
- Au natural bliss. I brought along all of my tools of the trade but didn't use them. My best accessory on this trip was my lip gloss and lotion. The sun was my hairdryer and my tan was the only bronzer I needed. I ran around with a salt stiffened pony tail half the day washed it and let it do whatever it was going to do. Half the time my hair was wet or drying! I simply could not be bothered with make up and could care less that my hair was all over the place which was nice. Even better was despite that I still felt beautiful 'cause hubby told me so.
|My signature pose|
- Timeless relaxation. We'd lay around and play in the water half the day and have no idea what time it was and not even care. We did have some things scheduled for certain times but for the most part we didn't pay too much attention to the time and it was nice not to have to. Our time really was our own. I truly believe being on vacation is the life I was meant to lead and I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong that I can't do it all the time!
|Lounging. What time is it?...Who cares!|
- Fun full days and early nights. Waikiki is not a party town. There are plenty of things to do but no night life to speak of that I could find and I didn't want one anyways. We were usually done with our activities and back to the room by 7 or 8:30pm. We were tired and in bed by 10 but that was OK. We were able to wake up early, spend a full day out and about and then spend relaxing nights together at "home." We spent two nights watching a movie and usually watched TV together in bed before falling asleep.
- Food fest fun. I have a tendency to be pretty strict with my diet when eating at home. I do indulge here and there but overall I try to always make the "right" choices and over eating is a big no no punishable by guilt. When I'm on vacation I don't give a damn about calories and I love it! We did get 4 days of physical activity in which was great but I ate desserts and most anything else I wanted and did not feel an ounce of guilt over it. For the record I gained 3 pounds!!
- Two bathroom bonus. We only got the 2br 2 ba because that's what was available but having that extra bathroom actually worked out pretty nice. The guest bathroom turned into "Mj's bathroom" where he was free to throw his wet trunks and towels all over the place and I didn't have to see it. Except when I'd walk by and shake my head!!
- No overcrowding. This is probably a good time of year to go because it really wasn't that crowded which was nice.
- Over packing follies. Yes...I seriously over packed on all fronts. Out of our 8 days 5 of them were mostly spent in a bathing suit. I lived in a bikini, cover up and flips flops. The vibe there is so relaxed and casual. I didn't really care too much about coordinated outfits and jewelry once I got there.
|My basic wardrobe for the week|
- Discounts. Military ID saved us money on those evil baggage check fees while traveling and got us some discounts on food, places and activities while we were there. The $200 Hilton bucks we earned doing our timeshare meeting went towards our couples massage. Hilton gives you coupons and a discount card when you get there-you just have to take advantage of them. We got some free food items with that. I did a pretty good job of not focusing on the money and just letting myself have fun. I laughed about the inflated prices of which $11 drinks, $23 medium pizzas and $4 scoops of ice cream were among the highlights. They can and do take advantage of having a steady flow of tourists. I didn't let it prevent me from doing what I wanted and was glad to still be able to take advantage of at least some bargains.
|At the guest Check In/Out Lounge on our last day. Free Coffee!|
- Hawaii is beautiful!!! Enough said.