12.05.2009

Mj's In Vegas and I'm Not

So Mj is in Vegas and I am not. My girlfriend was heading out of town to Arizona and he actually ran into her at the airport. Ha, ha what a funny coincidence. They were at the airport on their way out of town on weekend getaways and I was sitting at my desk at work.

I'd like to say that I am totally fine with my decision to stay behind but when Mj texts me that he just got to his room and it is niiiice I can't help but feel left out. Of course it's nice. He just so happens to be staying at a brand new hotel that's been open for less then a week. I am happy for him that he is off having fun and ultimately it was my decision not to go but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

Were money not an issue I would be right there with him. I'd be meeting all of his friends that he's been deployed with over this last year. I may not have been able to stay up until 6am like he did according to his Facebook post but I would be in our luxurious hotel suite waiting for him to get back. But alas, I am financially challenged and so I had to sit this one out. I don't really think we'll talk too much while he's gone but when he comes back tomorrow I will be right here waiting to hear all about his Vegas weekend adventure.

1 comment :

  1. That's so funny that he saw one of your friends at the airport! I know what you mean about being on a budget, with the holidays, it seems like I'm having to skip out on a lot of dinners our and trips to the movies with friends. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being a part of my blog. (If you are viewing the "mobile version" you must click "view web version" in order to comment).